AppleInsider is supported by its viewers and should earn a fee as an Amazon Affiliate and affiliate on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships don’t affect our editorial content material.
In case you’re upgrading to a brand new iPhone from an outdated iPhone or an Android gadget, you’ll want to take steps to make sure that Google Authenticator continues to work as anticipated.
Google Authenticator is an app and repair that gives the safety advantages of two-factor authentication with out the dangers related to textual content messaging. In case you depend on it, you have a tendency to make use of it each day and possibly a number of occasions a day, through which case you want it to work along with your new gadget.
The excellent news is that it is now simpler than ever. Beforehand, you might need to undergo the identical sure steps a number of occasions.
Now, you probably have the Google Authenticator app like earlier than, you need to use it to switch all of your Google authentication codes to your new telephone directly.
As soon as you’ve got carried out that, you may swap to a brand new telephone.
Establishing a brand new telephone
- Set up the Google Authenticator app in your new iPhone
- In your outdated iPhone, open the app
- Click on on the three dots button on the prime proper
- Select Export accounts
- On the following web page, faucet on Proceed
- Permit Authenticator to make use of Face ID when prompted
- Choose a number of accounts listed on the following web page
- Faucet Export
- Open the Google Authenticator app in your new iPhone
- Utilizing the app in your new iPhone, scan the QR code that seems in your outdated iPhone
This may then arrange your new iPhone to have all of the Google accounts you had on the outdated one.
There’s another possibility, to resolve if you wish to preserve the codes on the outdated one as effectively. You may be prompted to decide on it or take away the codes after which you’re carried out.